Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret Base Mapping Contest. [CLOSED]
Participation sent (sorry Pippin for all those messages, can't make a preview without it sends by itself ;-; )
[Image: 17022508085416763114875371.png]
(09-20-2016, 03:23 PM)Klay Wrote: Participation sent (sorry Pippin for all those messages, can't make a preview without it sends by itself ;-; )

No problem, I put it all together.  Wink
I have no idea how to design the inside of a building (Pokecenter/Pokemart),
the wiki only gives rare information about mapping and the guides on the forum i found are useless since the images are no longer available.

How do i place npcs on the map or add weather effects?
Can i cut my map in 2 areas so i can place 2 different pokemon spawns for eg. north and south of the map?
I dont think its possible because we dont have 2 different spawn types on one map ingame.
But iam not a mapper so i dont know and thats why i ask =)
"I dont think its possible because we dont have 2 different spawn types on one map ingame."

Not agree. Burnt Tower/Splitting River Reserve are maps on which spawns depends where you exactly are (different Hitmons for SRR and no Weezing/Magmar in the first floor of Burnt Tower, even if all Hitmons/Weezing and Magmar are /listed).
But i guess you can do 2 maps which are 100/50, so in the end the big "main map" will be 100/100.

For the mapping of pokecenter/pokemart, check how it looks like ingame and just do the same thing Wink (the hard part is to find the right tiles)

For NPCs and weathers, I'm not sure you can add them with the map editor, it's maybe in the scripting part. Just write in the description of the map that there's this NPC here and there, and that it's a rainy place (or else).
We have default maps for Pokecenters and Marts, no need to map them.

Klay is right about the rest: NPCs and weather effects aren't done by the mapper. Also, coordinate-based spawns are possible but slightly tricky, if my info is correct. Smile
Who should we send the files too and is it just screenshots or the files we used. I'm making map interiors for some houses and also the scenario and quest process as well as dialogue that's why im asking. If i have multiple files should i just make a zip. folder?
This is my Signature!!
(09-26-2016, 04:11 PM)Sweetboi Wrote: Who should we send the files too and is it just screenshots or the files we used. I'm making map interiors for some houses and also the scenario and quest process as well as dialogue that's why im asking. If i have multiple files should i just make a zip. folder?

HitmonFonty or me, please, as is detailed in this topic's info post. Do include both screenshots and files - just bundle everything up in a nice tidy little zip folder so it's organised for us. Thank you.
Just to note holodeck maps won't have active Pokecenters or Pokemarts, nor would a base be secret if it had an official mart or pc in it. Smile
STUCK? Read this:
Try typing /ref or relog- make sure you also restart your clientNext ask in help channel for staff to move you, or ask in IRC Chat. If stuck on water use '3' shortcut to get back on your surfboard. You can also battle someone to lose (ask in battle channel and give your highest level) and by default be sent back to your last pokemon center. Escape Ropes (550pd at Dept. Stores) will do the same thing as losing a battle.

Black Map: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=5
PWO IRC Chat:http://tinyurl.com/mk9bjlx
PWO wiki Troubleshooting pagehttp://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Cat...leshooting
(09-27-2016, 02:10 AM)HitmonFonty Wrote: Just to note holodeck maps won't have active Pokecenters or Pokemarts, nor would a base be secret if it had an official mart or pc in it. Smile

What if the mart and pokemon centre had a different appearance on the outside. For example you disguised a pokemon centre as a cave or instead  a healing station or a healing NPC?
This is my Signature!!
If the appearance is different inside too, you need to make the map. And if there's a healing npc, precise it (and place it with something like Paint.NET if you can).
(09-27-2016, 05:20 AM)Sweetboi Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 02:10 AM)HitmonFonty Wrote: Just to note holodeck maps won't have active Pokecenters or Pokemarts, nor would a base be secret if it had an official mart or pc in it. Smile

What if the mart and pokemon centre had a different appearance on the outside. For example you disguised a pokemon centre as a cave or instead  a healing station or a healing NPC?

That'd be quite clever. I have heard you can actually put healers in your Secret Bases in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire...

Remember though, the theme is a base, not a whole town Wink
- Jinji the Gengar: PWO Administrator.
Voted Best Administrator 2014 and 2015, Friendliest Member 2011 and Runner-up Funniest Member 2013 by the PWO public.
Duties include Server/Website Management, Staff Recruitment and Dismissal, Public Relations and General Moderation.
Visit my Change Log for a full list of what I've been up to.
[Image: Jinji.gif]
Signature changes each refresh. Or see all my sigs and credits for each at http://jinjithegengar.imgur.com - and please PM me if you would like to change the name or description of a sig you've made; or to remind me if I've forgotten who made it!
(09-27-2016, 09:29 AM)Jinji Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 05:20 AM)Sweetboi Wrote:

That'd be quite clever. I have heard you can actually put healers in your Secret Bases in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire...

Remember though, the theme is a base, not a whole town Wink

I may of accidently made a town, but to be on the safe side im making another hidden spot on my town-like secret base. Alpha/Omega you could put npcs you could train against inside your base, also they come with special abilities like finding you treasure, finding you items, training your pokemon. The bed is what you use to heal inside the base. Also theres a switch that removes the lvl 50 gap to the actual level itself. I feel like i could put that to use.
This is my Signature!!
Done with my map(s), I just need to do the written stuff. Should I write down the objects/environment the players interact with?
This is my Signature!!
(09-28-2016, 04:56 PM)Sweetboi Wrote: Done with my map(s), I just need to do the written stuff. Should I write down the objects/environment the players interact with?

If there's something important to you/ your map/ your theme, sure, go wild. It's not necessarily a requirement to this contest, but can add some flavour if you want it to. Sprinkles on the cake so to say. Wink
how much time do i have left, im in australia so i'm just confirming
This is my Signature!!