Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Fossilween! (EVENT CLOSED)
Greetings everyone! Halloween is upon us and festivities are in full swing in the Pokémon World - Trainers are dressed up as all kinds of ghouls, the Poké Marts are fresh out of candy after townspeople all around raided supplies to give out. Even the Pokémon themselves are joining in with the fun, secretly fearful of stepping in shadows should an actual ghost appear!!

In this time of celebration we often forget that October holds National Fossil Day. More importantly the true meaning of Halloween is often forgotten - showing respect for the dead. But spare a thought for a moment not just for the recently deceased, but also those that preceded us long ago. From dinosaurs, to sea life, Fossil Pokémon, and early hominids... our planet has seen all kinds of life be created, evolve, flourish, and ultimately eliminated over many millions of years.

But what's this? The keeper of time, Celebi, has made a sudden appearance in our realm! Floating about Goldenrod and Celadon City, this Legend is calling for Trainers to join her special Exploration Squad to a time far before us, in order to call for help investigating recent anomalies. Be prepared to travel through time in an epic adventure that could affect the very future of PWO... are you up to the task?

Join Celebi November 1st at 10pm UTC
This event has lasted several weeks. The final day will be Tuesday November 29th.
[Image: RFF19uQ.png]

(10-31-2016, 03:13 AM)Dio.Brando Wrote: Greetings everyone! Halloween is upon us and festivities are in full swing in the Pokémon World - Trainers are dressed up as all kinds of ghouls, the Poké Marts are fresh out of candy after townspeople all around raided supplies to give out. Even the Pokémon themselves are joining in with the fun, secretly fearful of stepping in shadows should an actual ghost appear!!

In this time of celebration we often forget that October holds National Fossil Day. More importantly the true meaning of Halloween is often forgotten - showing respect for the dead. But spare a thought for a moment not just for the recently deceased, but also those that preceded us long ago. From dinosaurs, to sea life, Fossil Pokémon, and early hominids... our planet has seen all kinds of life be created, evolve, flourish, and ultimately eliminated over many millions of years.

But what's this? The keeper of time, Celebi, has made a sudden appearance in our realm! Floating about Goldenrod and Celadon City, this Legend is calling for Trainers to join her special Exploration Squad to a time far before us, in order to call for help investigating recent anomalies. Be prepared to travel through time in an epic adventure that could affect the very future of PWO... are you up to the task?

my guess was right! nyannn ;3
thanks PWO Heart

#HappyHalloweenPurr..
Was waiting for an event for a long time, happy to hear Big Grin
(10-31-2016, 04:14 AM)Charlotte~ Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 03:13 AM)Dio.Brando Wrote: Greetings everyone! Halloween is upon us and festivities are in full swing in the Pokémon World - Trainers are dressed up as all kinds of ghouls, the Poké Marts are fresh out of candy after townspeople all around raided supplies to give out. Even the Pokémon themselves are joining in with the fun, secretly fearful of stepping in shadows should an actual ghost appear!!

my guess was right! nyannn ;3
thanks PWO Heart

#HappyHalloweenPurr..
What was your guess, Charlotte??

(10-31-2016, 04:28 AM)sajid11194 Wrote: Was waiting for an event for a long time, happy to hear Big Grin

Were all glad that you're excited for it! Good to see you around as well.
[Image: RFF19uQ.png]

We Gengar aren't one to give away secrets, but the PWO Staff have really tried hard to do something rather different this year; and I hope you all love it Smile
- Jinji the Gengar: PWO Administrator.
Voted Best Administrator 2014 and 2015, Friendliest Member 2011 and Runner-up Funniest Member 2013 by the PWO public.
Duties include Server/Website Management, Staff Recruitment and Dismissal, Public Relations and General Moderation.
Visit my Change Log for a full list of what I've been up to.
[Image: Jinji.gif]
Signature changes each refresh. Or see all my sigs and credits for each at http://jinjithegengar.imgur.com - and please PM me if you would like to change the name or description of a sig you've made; or to remind me if I've forgotten who made it!
(10-31-2016, 04:48 AM)Dio.Brando Wrote: What was your guess, Charlotte??

Uhmm.. Nothing.. *chuckles* ;3

(10-31-2016, 05:02 AM)Jinji Wrote: We Gengar aren't one to give away secrets, but the PWO Staff have really tried hard to do something rather different this year; and I hope you all love it Smile

I love it.. I love it..!
I'm soo excited! can't wait nyann :3

[Image: 294-1.png]
Love it, i thought it would be another spiritomb/duskull party :p
HAPPY FOSSILWEEN ALL! MORE POWER PWO Wink
intresting, I might actually dropp by for a look then. Just for old days sake. looking forward to check out how much teh game changed since I left as an active player.
Shinies OT Total: 900+ Shiny Evolutions: 165+ OT Shinies this year: 0
Most Dedicated Hunter award 3 times running
Best shiny collection award 2 times running
Alt account: Fionsshinyaccount (Shiny-storage account only)
Respect is something you have to earn, not something you get by thinking you are special!
http://prntscr.com/2pfbxh
(11-01-2016, 04:01 PM)Fionavara Wrote: intresting, I might actually dropp by for a look then. Just for old days sake. looking forward to check out how much teh game changed since I left as an active player.

Offtopic.

But wow, semi-welcome back Fion. Good to see you again. Game has changed a lot! Stick around for a while and find out Wink
[Image: nIA9n.png]
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
Full time Parrot king and Swampert enforcer. Protecting Swamperts from user stupidity since 2003.
Other Sigs made for me:
[Image: eWZMJ.gif]
When you are a hoarder and you can't keep track of how many  quest items you need for  the event.
[Image: yDQ2iKD.jpg?1]
(11-01-2016, 04:01 PM)Fionavara Wrote: intresting, I might actually dropp by for a look then. Just for old days sake. looking forward to check out how much teh game changed since I left as an active player.

Just run while you still can.
[Image: Isguros.gif]
[Image: done11.png]

Thank you very much for the event, so far it seems awesome!

a little confused by the fact that maps don't show spawns with the /list command.

I have the quest item section of the bag full, too.
[Image: pokemon_trainer_card_by_parquettistapazzo-d4dllxi.jpg]
I think you should do a lot of spell checking. Some sentences looks weird and some words are misspelled. Can't remember which one at the moment though. 
And one thing that annoys me is that Pokémon in plural is Pokémon, not Pokémons. 

No offense, just wanted to you to know. And if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. Tongue
Oh Oh.. Underwater!! nyann..
[Image: dep.png]
cute ;3
Been pretty awesome, the grunt battles are pretty fun and underwater maps are great. Hopefully we can reach the 4000 marks and banette reveals more secrets. I enjoyed most about this event is that it encourages players to work as a community.
This is my Signature!!
Angel
Best event i played on here so far. Lots of quests. love the walking pokemon battlers.
Had alot of trouble with turning in the  MagicCrap  Magikarp. Only way i got threw it was to catch 1, relog and turn it in, Repeat. Also i hate that /list was taken out. I had to look for someone awesome to post where the pokemon
are. Other than that everything was great. Seems alot of work went on to throw this event up.
Tho the last Halloween event had the creepy forest and i loved that map. Hard to say Fossilween is better,
but it is. Thanks for the event!
Tongue

[Image: mooo2_zps13jm1izk.png]
[Image: NS_zpsnxbtgttn.png]
There's a bug in the event where the Darkness Grunts spew out an error message and you can't battle them until the next day.

I posted screenshots here (http://playerdex.pokemon-world-online.ne...p?Rep=4996) but I wanted to announce it somewhere so it gets noticed.
(11-07-2016, 02:58 AM)ahejazi Wrote: There's a bug in the event where the Darkness Grunts spew out an error message and you can't battle them until the next day.

I posted screenshots here (http://playerdex.pokemon-world-online.ne...p?Rep=4996) but I wanted to announce it somewhere so it gets noticed.

Same here. The rule was "no dragon type allowed" and i had just relogged
[Image: pokemon_trainer_card_by_parquettistapazzo-d4dllxi.jpg]
[Image: huntail%20kill_zpskczmbhhv.png]
It died knowing i was great. Big Grin
Heart 
On my behalf and other players + pansy we did something Special

This is my Signature!!
I really like the currency you have with the event market. (TF) Down pokemon and get drops, then trade them for stuff.
Tho i think we could use bigger prizes. Like something that would cost like idk 2000 TF. It would be a fun goal. I already hear ppl hitting the cap, its 999. Just a thought.

Heart
For those that are enjoying reading stuffs or even lovers of ancient life: After reading a lot about ancient life and developing this event, we got it mostly based from a BBC documentary called Walking With Monsters - Life Before the Dinosaurs.
(11-12-2016, 07:52 PM)Relicanth Wrote: For those that are enjoying reading stuffs or even lovers of ancient life: After reading a lot about ancient life and developing this event, we got it mostly based from a BBC documentary called Walking With Monsters - Life Before the Dinosaurs.

Currently downloading it, thanks for sharing the name Smile
[Image: 16090704581716763114477440.png]
is this event over? where do i go for the event?
https://www.twitch.tv/lady_kieshara

see how i get lost in Johto .. the 2nd video